Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 6 Day 4

12 weeks & 3 days until the Detroit Freepress Marathon. I have this thing with counting stuff down. :-)

Anyway, I ran 6.28 miles last night in 51:07. I felt great at the end. I could have gone longer and not sure why I didn't? Oh well, it is what it is! I am running 3.5 miles at the gym on the track. I will also add weight training (chest & shoulders) and a few leg exercises.

On another note, I really need to map out a few routes for Oahu and Kaua'i. I leave on Tuesday and I must make sure I get some running in. I'd really like to run everyday while I am on vacation. I don't see why that couldn't be possible. I may have a day here and there where I don't run and I am ok with that. Just as long as I meet, or at least get close to my weekly mileage on my training schedule, then I will be happy!

3 comments:

  1. Aimlessly wander while you run - just head in a direction and let the moment direct you. (I'm assuming your GPS watch will keep mileage) It's fun. As long as you have a general idea of how to get home, you might find yourself in some places you've never been.

    Good job on your weekly miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in paradise. How could you not? Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved running on Kauai! We did a great 6 mile out and back through an old farm (we had permission...) and it was fantastic! We finished with a dip in the ocean - I wish every run could end like that!

    ReplyDelete