Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 1-3 of week 5

Well, I am into week 5 of my 18 week training. Only 13 weeks and 4 days until the marathon!

Monday was a rest day, which I did not do. I ended up biking for 40 minutes and strength training for back muscles & triceps. I also did push ups and abs once I go home from the gym.

Yesterday I ran 5.73 miles with an 8.22 pace. I felt good through out the entire run. Usually my evening runs can be rough but this one was not. yay!

Tonight I am going to run 6 miles, if it is not storming. If for some reason the storms have not cleared up by the time I get home from work, I will head to the gym to run the indoor track and finish with intervals on the elliptical.

This week I have not had the "I don't think I can do this" thoughts. I am sure they will be back next week though.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you haven't had any negative thoughts this week! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those "I don't think I can do this" thoughts start to go away when you do your really long weekend runs. After I ran 22 miles in training, I KNEW I could do it! Just stay positive!

    ReplyDelete