Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Slightly behind...Week 3

Oops, looks like I missed a couple days. I am really trying to be good about updating daily. It's only week 3 and I am already falling behind. I am also leaving to head to my in-law's lake house today after work.

Monday was day 1 of week 3. It was supposed to be a rest day, but I just can't seem to do that so early in this training. I ended up doing about 40 minutes of total body strength training.

Tuesday was day 2. I was scheduled to run 3 miles, but I had a horrible head ache and will be running 27+ miles for the weekend so I opted for pilates & core work. I also did 6 sets of 10 push ups.

Today is day 3 and I am leaving to go out of town. I plan on running an easy and short 2.61 miler when I get to the lake. I could just skip, but why not get a short run in? Besides, I just love running up there. It never gets old or boring!!

I have the following distances planned for Wednesday - Sunday. The terrain will be a nice challenge and change of pace from the flat roads I run at home.

Wednesday: 2.61 miles
Thursday: 6.16 miles (day 4)
Friday: 4.89 miles (day 5)
Saturday: 8.62 miles (day 6)
Sunday: 4.89 miles (day 7)
Total Mileage: 27.17 miles, plus we love taking walks in the evenings. so that will add some mileage but in a relaxing form.

I will be using my resistance bands, perfect push up, ab lounge (it's my mother in-law's), swimming in the lake and plenty of kayaking with Chris. I will definitely be getting in good quality exercise.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have quite the weekend planned. Those are some serious miles, sounds like your training is well under way. Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun running on a different terrain!

    ReplyDelete