Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 1 & 2 of week 6

Wow, am I ever behind. So much for writing in my blog on a daily basis.

This past weekend I was in Chicago. I was able to get a nice 4 mile run in with a friend on Saturday morning. She called it the 'cultural' tour. We ran through a factory area, run down neighborhood, part of downtow and the loop.

Yesterday was a rest day, but I could not rest after the food and drinks I had over the weekend. So I headed to the gym for 45 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I also lifted for shoulders and back.

Today is day 2 of week 6. I am scheduled to run 3 miles. I intend to run 3.5 miles and lift for biceps & triceps. I do not think it is a bad thing to add some strength training to my marathon training. There is no way I could go 18 weeks without strength training. I can barely go 1 week without lifting weights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment