Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 2, Week 4

Yesterday was day 2 and Hal had me scheduled to run 3 miles. I ran 5.64 with an 8.28 pace. For some reason, it was slightly rough. I am assuming that it had to do with the 4 days of hills and not taking a rest day on Monday. Either way, I completed it with a pace better than I anticipated.

My plan has a total of 19 miles this week. 3 miles tuesday, 4 miles wednesday, 3 miles thursday and 9 miles saturday. I have taken the mid week 10 mile total and will divide it up in two longer runs to total just over that amount. Then I will do my scheduled 9 on saturday. I plan to do 45 minutes on the stationary bike tonight along with some strength training. Then tomorrow I will run 5.5-6 miles.

On a side note, I some times think to myself that I may not be able to complete the marathon. I have these 'what if' thoughts. I really need to stop this nonsense!

3 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that you'll complete the marathon. I think it is typical to have "what ifs" about any new challenge in life. Good luck. I'm glad I've found your blog. I'm a fellow Nestie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had "what if's" up until I crossed the finish line. Trust me, you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it one mile at a time :) It's overwhelming to think further ahead.

    ReplyDelete