Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rest is Best and other ramblings

After 2 days off from running, I am feeling much better!  My left quad is still a little sore, but it's tolerable. Best part is that I can actually sit down to use the bathroom without having to use my arms to lower myself and push myself up again! 

I ran this morning too!  It was a slow, rough start but by the end, I was feeling good.  I ran 5.5 miles in 47:31 at an 8:38 pace.  Nothing to write home about, but I ran and that alone makes me happy.  I may even run again tonight.  As of today, I am 5 miles behind for my training this week.  I must get this mileage in and its gorgeous outside so I may as well take advantage of the weather too.  I plan to keep a conservative pace.   Hopefully by tomorrow I can do those mile repeats I have been eager to attack!

I am meeting my dad this Saturday to run Potawatomi Trail...again.  Here's to hoping that these 13 miles won't hurt as bad as the last 18!  It's my only chance to hit this trail again before the trail half marathon on May 1st.  Last year I got 3-4 runs in on this trail, so I am not so sure how well I will do.  My time last year was 2:03 and I would love to break 2 hours.  Funny how different pace & time is from running a road half and a trail half.  My last road half was 1:37:45 and here I am hoping to break 2 hours.  Guess that tells you how difficult trail running can be.

Boston is in 5 days!  I can't wait to see how Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher do.   There are a few from the blogging world I will be sending running vibes to that day as well.  

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling stronger tomorrow. When I saw two two days off of running for you, I KNEW you must have really needed the rest because you just don't do this. Hope you're better for this weekend's run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! It's amazing what rest does for our body. And I don't mean just days off from working out, but additional sleep. If I can get a nap in, it seems like a magic elixir. But that rarely happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved what you wrote about why you run! And it's so cool that you're doing trail races. I would like to incorporate that more into my training and schedules. It sounds like your 18 miler was TOUGH! Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete