Thursday, February 9, 2012

I cried at the gym.

Yesterday I made the decision to run on the treadmill. When I run in the afternoon and evenings I have to pee more frequently than I do in the mornings. I needed to be near a restroom at all times.

Anyway, Chris was there lifting weights and I was running on the TM. Well, my run was going awful. I had a pain in my right foot, gas cramps in my stomach, stopped to pee twice within the first 2 miles and I was getting completely frustrated.  Chris walked over to talk to me and I lost it. I started crying, telling him how frustrating it is to see how slow and how hard running is when it used to come so easily and I could run much faster than I am now. So here I am sobbing while running on the treadmill!   People must have thought I was nuts.

Needless to say, after 3.5 miles and having a good cry, my last 3.75 miles were faster and pain free. Big Smile

I also cried Monday when out for a run with Chris. It was the first time in 5 years that he was faster than me and it upset me so much that I started to cry. I told him how upset it made me to see his backside since running is MY thing.   I am the fast one, not him. 

On a positive note, I did run 132 miles for the month of January. 

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I laughed a little. I can't even begin to imagine how very frustrated you must be.

    It's only temporary though, that's the great part =) You'll be back kickin' ass & takin' names before you know it!


    Don't be to hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't recommend the running and crying, you'll dehydrate sooner! It does get better, unless you;re old like me......

    ReplyDelete