Monday, February 20, 2012

Boston Marathon Training: Week 7

Here I am 24 weeks pregnant and 7 weeks into marathon training.  Will I even be able to run the marathon?  Who knows, but I am enjoying the fact that I am pregnant but still having weekly long runs while carrying an additional 18lbs on my once slim frame.  It makes me laugh when I think of the few emotional break downs I've had during this pregnancy.  Each on has to do with running. 

Last week went pretty well. My mileage was lower than where I wanted it to be, but I am still satisfied since I only ran 4 times. 

Here is how the week's training went.

Monday: 15 minutes stair stepper, 25 minutes AMT machine (intervals at 20% resistance & 4 % resistance), Upper body strength training (bicep curls, tricep dips, lateral pull down)
Tuesday: Rest Day
Wednesday: 8.28 mile run outside early AM, upper body strenth training (shoulder press, lateral raises, upright row, push ups, planks) PM
Thursday: 6.5 mile run treadmill early AM
Friday: 3 mile run treadmill & yoga class 45 minutes, early AM
Saturday: 18 mile run outside AM, ran the Rock CF Half marathon course + 5 miles, VERY windy!!
Sunday: 45 minutes elliptical (intervals 4% resistance/1% incline & 8% resistance/10% incline), Upper body strength training (biceps, tricpes, shoulders, chest) afternoon gym session
Total Mileage: 35.78 miles

1 comment:

  1. I think you should be proud of yourself. You're PREGNANT and running faster and MUCH longer than I can contemplate in my not pregnant state!

    ReplyDelete