Thursday, March 10, 2011

Foam Roller and New Shoes



Have I mentioned how much I love running warehouse?


Recently I received an email from them for an additional 20% off on competition shoes, winter clothing, etc... After reviewing some of the road racing shoes they have on sale, I settled on a close out pair of Nike LunaRacer+ 2's. For $47, you can't beat it! I just hope I like them. I've never run in any other shoe but Brooks Adrenaline's. I've been considering a flat racing style shoe for some time now, but was going to hold off until I could make it to the running store. The price drew me in and I did something I never do with running shoes...purchased on a whim. I also purchased a foam roller. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can begin using it. I really think my left hamstring and hip will thank me! I've been having some tightness and discomfort in my left leg after I run and am hoping that foam rolling will help ease the tension!


6 comments:

  1. The foam roller really works well. You will be amazed. It helped me run again when my IT band was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm not coordinated enough to use a foam roller! GL with the new shoes -- you sound like me, I bought new shoes on a whim from RW and had to send them back :( I hope that's not the situation for you and that you love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - can you please e-mail me. Would like to ask you something about an upcoming race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rocking a pair of Lunar Glides right now! So comfortable. But I don't run in them, just wear them around. I dont think I'm ready to race in a flat yet.

    And the foam roller is a gift and a curse. It hurts. Flat out hurts. But that means that you need it. I use mine weekly and it has really helped me recover. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running Warehouse is where I get all my stuff from. I love that company. From shoes to GU's, I get it all there! I have that same foam roller too (too bad I am too lazy to use it). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete