Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A successful treadmill work out!

Let me give you some background info. When I first started running in 2007, I started off doing short runs on the treadmill at the gym. I was actually scared to run outside. I stuck to treadmill running for months. Then I decided to sign up for my first 5K and knew I had to hit the pavement.

Once I started running outside, I realized what I was missing out on. Ever since then I refused to step foot on the treadmill. I would run outside or on the indoor track. The treadmill was, to me, the devil.

That all changed last night. I decided to switch up my work outs and do speed work on the treadmill. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it! I think the constant adjusting of the incline and speed made the work out go by quickly. I was originally going to do 3 miles, but ended up doing 6.25. At one point, I had a 7:20 pace going.

It was an awesome work out and will definitely be doing this again!!

1 comment: