Friday, November 20, 2009

Hoping for a speedy 5K

Tomorrow morning I am running my first 5K race in over a year. The last time I ran a 5K was in September of 2008. I was the female overall winner with a finish time of 23:11. it was a smaller race, but that was my best 5K finish time! Since then I have stuck with longer distances; 10K, half marathons and a full marathon. My goal is to beat my previous time. I am not feeling to confident. If I can run at a 7:27 pace, I will beat it. I have not done much speed work, just a couple sessions this week. I also have NEVER ran a distance and not beaten my previous best time. If I do not finish with the same time or faster, I know I will be so disappointed in myself. I really need to convince myself that I got this! I can beat 23:11.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment