Saturday, September 26, 2009

Successful 20 mile run!

My dad and I signed up for a 20 mile training run that our local running store organized. I wasn't nervous but had put high expectations on myself...and I exceed them! Our goal was a 9 minute per mile pace. We ended up finishing the 20 mile run in 2:51:55, which is an 8:35 pace! I am on track to run a sub 4-hour marathon! My goal is 4 hours, but I really, really want to come in under 4 hours. If I can maintain this pace come race day, that will give me plenty of time to play with (if needed) for the rest of the 6.2 miles to the finish line.

Aside from my hip flexor, I felt great during the entire run. I knew today would play a huge part on me mentally and I am beyond happy that I had a great run. I finally feel mentally & physically prepared for the marathon.

Time to focus on taking care of my hip flexor (with plenty of stretching, icing & heating) and having a safe 3 weeks of tapering.

I am ready Detroit. Look out! :-)

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Your pace is amazing! You are going to do so well at your marathon!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! It's been a tough road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I borrow some of your speed?? YOu are incredibly fast. I'm working on it more so than I ever have and I hope it pays off at our marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I'm so glad the 20 miler went so well!

    ReplyDelete