Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 6 complete!

Week 6 of my 18 week marathon training program is complete. 12 more weeks!

I had a late start this morning when heading out for my 12 mile run (which actually ended up being 11.56 miles) so it was already sunny and warm. Let's just say, I have a beautiful sports bra tan line on my back. lol Oh well, it won't be there much longer since I leave Tuesday for 12 days in Hawaii!!

I have packed all my running gear in hopes to run everyday. Even if it is only for 30 minutes, I want to stay on top of my training as much as possible. We spend 5 days in Oahu and thankfully, our hotel has a gym so I will have the ability to weight and cross train as well. Then we head to Kauai for 8 days, which we do not have access to a gym since we are staying in a house with friends. But, I will be able to run daily since A). we are staying on 10 acres of property so its in a very secluded area and B). Kauai is known for being a relaxing island full of vegetation, so I won't have to worry about making my way through tourists like I will in Oahu.

Unfortunately, my blog will be ignored during my vacation. We will have limited internet access, so I will try to report how my training has been going and how beautiful Hawaii is!

2 comments: