Friday, July 17, 2009

Evening long run review- Mental Break down

I thought running 10 miles last night wouldn't be so bad. Boy was I wrong. I had the worst run that I have ever had in my entire life. I don't know what exactly I did wrong either. I tried to keep a slower pace but felt ill almost from the beginning. I almost vomitted 3 times, had goose bumps and chills half way through and even got so bad that I called Chris at mile 7 to come pick me up. Thankfully he was at the grocery store and said it would be a few minutes. I started running after I got off the phone and mentally prepared myself to finish this run! I called him back and told him not to come get me. I wanted to finish. and I did. I reset my watch because I did not want to know my pace. Not after the numerous stops to walk. I NEVER stop to walk. So this was really hard for me to deal with and really showed how bad I felt. But again, I finished and this run is behind. I know this will happen again. Everyone has a bad run. But never have I ever even thought about quitting and having someone come get me. I had a mental break down. I told myself I couldn't do it and it got to me. I am so glad I found it in me to push those thought aside and finish.

Time to move on and continue with training.

I can do this. I can do this.

3 comments:

  1. We all have bad runs. GOOD FOR YOU for sticking it out and finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do this! I thought you said ths run was after work. That increases the likelyhood of a bad run IMO. But sometimes we have to run when we can get it in so it just may not be the best ever. You passed the mental tough test for sure!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DID it! You pushed through even though you werent feeling your best. (Even though there is nothing wrong with having to quit early once in while)

    ReplyDelete