Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 3, Week 1

It's day 3 and I am scheduled to run 3 miles. They are calling for rain today with a high of 72 degrees. I mapped out a route and I also plan on lifting weights. I know it's not part of my training program, but I have worked very hard for the muscle definition I have that I feel it is important for me to continue weight training while marathon training. If the weather cooperates, I will be running a 3.25 mile loop around my neighborhood and then lifting weights for shoulders in my basement gym. If the weather decides to be difficult, then I will run 3 miles on the indoor track at the gym and lift weights there.

Last night I ran 3.25 miles in 26:53. It was a great run, but seemed awfully short. For the past couple months or so, I've been running shorter runs of 6 miles once or twice during the week and then 9-11 miles on Saturdays. On off running days I have been concentrating on the elliptical and lots of strength training. So running 3 miles last night just seemed like I was short changing myself. I know I could add distance to my required runs, but I'd rather follow the program as instructed. The only modifications I am making is to add strength/weight training.

No comments:

Post a Comment