Monday, January 4, 2010

Marathon in May?

I have a dilema. The half marathon I wanted to run memorial weekend is sold out. There are only 300 spots left in the marathon, so if I want to run the full I need to register now. The one thing holding me back is the thought of not being ready and not beating my previous marathon time. I also am scared to run it alone. I had my dad as my support for my first marathon and not sure I can do this on my own.

I also want to run a full in 2010 and finish with a BQ time, which I am considering the Chicago marathon as my BQ goal. Again, I am trying to convince my dad to run it with me.

Anyway, I thought about just running the marathon on memorial weekend at an comfortable pace and not worrying about my time, but I know how I am and I can't do that.

I just don't know what to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry your half is full, but it sounds like it may be a good time to do the marathon. There is still plenty of time to be ready for a full. From your first marathon time you are in excellent shape, and just putting in another training cycle could bring you that BQ this spring or the fall.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete