Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Revised 2013 race calendar and races in 2014

I've, once again, revised my calendar for 2013.  Originally I planned to run the drumstick double (or whatever it's called) on Thanksgiving in downtown Detroit.  Instead of running the 5K and 10K, I will be running a group 20 miler instead.  A fellow runner from a facebook running group; Southeast Michigan Runners, is organizing a group Turkey Twenty at Willow Metro Park.  I've run the turkey trot for quite a few years and figure what the heck.  I can get a good, long run in and save time and money.  I am glad I didn't sign up for the Turkey Trot!

I am also signed up for my first 50 mile race.  I will be running the North Country 50 Mile trail run on August 23, 2014.  I am really looking forward to this race.  I hear the course is tough but beautiful and I am always up for a challenge.

Boston Marathon registration opens on September 9th.  I get to register on the 11th since I am sub-11 minutes on my BQ time.  I feel confident that I will earn a spot with that BQ time.  So add that to 2014 as well. 

Of course I will be running the Dances with Dirt 50K in September 2014.  It's just a fun event that I refuse to miss out on.  Plus Jeff is making this his first 50K and I definitely won't miss out on running with him.

I am also researching late fall marathons for 2014.  I really want to train hard and shoot for a 3:19 marathon.  I need a flat, fast, fall course.  I am open to suggestions, within reasonable traveling distance! 

3 comments:

  1. Indy is as flat as you can get and not that far and it's first week in Nov. thanks for the mention. I'm only running DWD because you convinced me and I'll be happy to see you at North Country. 50 miler! Awesome! I'm freaking about just the full. Haha. I'm over the Turkey Trot. It will be interesting to see how it goes this year. I'm recruiting for DWD and will have at least one and probably two more to run it(still not as fast as you run it though) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you feel like making the long drive, come on down and join us for the Turkey 20 at Willow.

      Delete
  2. Indianapolis Monumental is flat flat flat with one big downhill. Toledo is flat too, but that's a spring race.

    ReplyDelete