Monday, November 26, 2012

Detroit Turkey Trot 10K results

Finish Time: 45:52
Pace: 7:22
Place: 9th out of 592 in age group

Good for a new 10K PR.  Not all that fast, but I can literally count on one hand how many 10K's I have ran in the past few years.  They are clearly not my favorite distance.  I prefer half marathons or longer and avoid 5K's and 10K's because they hurt. lol!  I used the turkey trot as my speedwork for the week. 

If you want to read a great review on the race, check out Detroit Runner's review.  I know this race is more of a family fun run but still.  The finish area was a cluster!  I hope they make some changes for next years event.  I have run this for the past 6 years but will consider not running it again if they do not make some changes. 

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the race! If you finish 9th out of 600 people, that IS fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pace. Thanks for the shout out. I got lots of flack for this one but it WAS really messed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got flack for that post about the trot? really? I thought you couldn't have said it any better! That is why I directed everyone to your blog!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Jeff didn't get a lot of flack, just a little.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us!.


    wholesale shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very rapidly this web site will be famous amid all blogging viewers,
    due to it's fastidious posts

    Also visit my weblog http://playrouletteusa.com

    ReplyDelete