Monday, August 6, 2012

Run Clark Lake Results

Saturday was my first race since being pregnant and having Anna.  Chris and I ran the Run Clark Lake 12K.  I ran this race in 2010 as well.  Needless to say, I forgot how hilly this course was!  It was a hot, humid and sunny race.  My only goal was to run hard and finish strong.  I knew I would not come close to my 2010 finish time (56:05, 7:31 pace).  I started out slow and continued to get faster through out the race.  I crossed the finish line in 1:02:21, good for a 3rd place finish in my age group.  That is the same place I finished in 2010 but with a much faster time.  I am satisfied with my time being that I just gave birth 8 weeks ago.  After the race, Chris and I headed out for an additional 1.5 miles to make it an even 9 miles for the day.

Official Results:
Time: 1:02:21
Pace: 8:21
Age group: 3rd / 10
Overall: 65 / 190

                                         My 3rd place award.  I love to get awards I can use!

1 comment: