Sunday, February 13, 2011

Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile race results

I accomplished my goal for today's 4 mile race and my first race of the 2011 season! I wanted to break 30 minutes. I came close last year, but you know what they say, close only counts in horse shoes. I ended up finishing in 28:48 with a 7:12 pace! I did not expect to finish this well. The temps were great but the wind was brutal. I did go against the one thing I said I would never do; I ran with my MP3 player. I only put one ear bud in and shut it off towards the end. I just wasn't feeling this 'breaking 30 minute' goal and wanted an extra push. This race was a gun start, D tag finish. My Garmin said I ran 28:45, with a 7:05 pace but I go with the official timing companies results.

After I finished, I headed back out for a slow 2 mile run to cool down and get a couple additional miles in.

Overall, today was a successful race and a great way to kick off my 2011 racing season.

Official Results:
Finish Time: 28:48
Pace: 7:12
Age Group Place: 2nd out of 30
Gender Place: ?
Overall: 51 out of 415





2 comments:

  1. Great race!

    I like your matching winter running gear! I always end up looking like I rummaged through like four people's closets to get dressed for cold weather running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to my dad, I have a lot of matchy matchy outfits. :-)

    ReplyDelete