Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Running & Exercise

I am so far behind on writing in my blog. I've been so busy with Christmas and traveling, I have not had the chance to update. I ended the year by running a total of 1,387.38. I am not sure how that compares to 2009, but I am almost certain it's more. I hope to run 1500+ in 2011. I know it's doable since I have plenty of longer distance races on my schedule which will require more training then I put in last year.

Here is how the last 2 weeks of 2009 went.

Dec 20th - 26th
Monday: core work, push ups
Tuesday: 5 miles w/ incline work on the treadmill
Wednesday: 6 mile run on the treadmill, upper body lifting, core work
Thursday: 5.25 mile run w/ tempo & push
Friday: 11 mile run on the prairie path in Illinois
Saturday: none, Christmas Day
Sunday: 7.25 mile run (1 hour treadmill work out; 10 min jog, 10 min tempo, 10 min push - repeat), core work

Total Mileage: 34.50

Dec 27th - Jan 2nd
Monday: 5.25 mile run on the treadmill
Tuesday: 5 mile run w/ hills, back strength training
Wednesday: 7.12 mile run (1 hour treadmill work out), core work
thursday: snowboarding
Friday: snowboarding
Saturday: snowboarding
Sunday: none, rest day and sore from snowboarding!

Total Mieage: 17.37 - what a horrible way to end the year.

1 comment:

  1. Steph - don't discount that snowboarding. That probably burned as many calories as running did. And if you were sore, it had to be good for you!

    ReplyDelete