Monday, November 22, 2010

Blitzen the Dotte 5K Results

Saturday I was signed up to run a local 5K that takes place prior to the Wyandotte Christmas parade (yes, the parade is before Thanksgiving). This is the 3rd running of the race and grows larger each year. I ran this course last year that takes you down part of the parade route, on to the local golf course and finishes behind the boat club. My mom and Joshuah decided to walk the 5K. My goal was to beat last years time of 23:08 and, if possible, PR by finishing in under 21 minutes. I reached one goal and finished in 22:51. Every one's Garmin were measuring the course at 3.19. My Garmin actually read my pace being 7:09, not 7:22 as posted on the results page. I placed 2nd (same place as last year!) out of 48 in my age group. After I headed back on to the course to find my mom and son. Josh was talking her ear off. LOL!! I walked with them and when we reached the 3 mile marker, Josh sprinted to the finish. Now he wants to run a 5K on his own. Yay! I am super excited and hope that running can be something I share with my son like my father shares with me.

Next up, Thanksgiving day 10K!

Official Results:
Time: 22.51
Pace: 7:22 (although, my Garmin is reading 7:09 due to the extra distance)
Age Group Place: 2/48
Gender Place: 64/647

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! Amazing 5k time! Great job. Congrats on placing in your age group too. Good luck on your Turkey Day race.

    ReplyDelete