Monday, August 9, 2010

Run Clark Lake 12K Results

Saturday I ran my first 12K race. I've ran this distance many times but I have never raced it. We had perfect weather! Sunny, yet some what cool and no humidity! The course was a loop around beautiful Clark Lake. It took you on to roads, down dirt roads and through the neighborhood surrounding the lake. It had some large hills, which I was not expecting at all, but was a bonus as I like tackling them for a good work out.

I ended up finishing in 3rd place in my age group! I really think I could have finished quicker as I still had some gas left in the tank. I was good about not pushing myself too hard at this race. I wanted to run this race hard but make sure to keep focus on form & breathing. Now I wish I would have pushed a little but harder. Oh well, I am still satisfied with my time.

DH ran the 5K race at this event. This was his first race he has ever run. He finished the 5K in 24:08 with a 7:47 pace!! He placed 4th out of 12 in his age group! He's now thinking of another 5K he can run. He won't make it a habit though. He said he will run two 5K's each summer but refuses to take his focus off weight training/ body building.

There were some really fast runners at this event! Several course records were broke, the MSU track & field team were there, there was a girl who will be at the Olympic trials for the marathon event and there was a guy who set a course record & won his age group who had a small piece on him in the newest addition of RW!!

Here are a couple pictures of me with my award!





Official Results-

Finish Time: 56:05
Pace: 7:31
Age Group Place: 3/15
Overall Place: ?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job to you and the hubby! Congrats!!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete