Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3.5 weeks to run as fast as my dad!

Is it possible?

Should I pray for a miracle?

I am registered to run my first road half marathon of the 2010 season on June 6th and have been pestering my dad almost daily about registering as well. He called me last night to tell me that he finally registered but since I pressured him to register, I now have to run the race with him. Yes, that sounds fabulous since the last time we actually ran side by side was the marathon in October. One problem...he's faster then me!

We both ran the trail half in April; he finished in 1:56 and I finished in 2:03. We also ran the same road half in August of 2009; he finished in 1:38 and I finished in 1:46. I would have to PR by at least 8 minutes to be able to run along side him. I would love to be able to run with him but I also do not want him to have to slow up at all because of me.

At the same time, I am trying to convince myself that I can hang with dad. I can maintain a 7:28 pace for 13.1 miles. I want my dad to be proud to see that I can run at his speed. I want him to see how strong I am and far I have come since he ran with me at my first 5K in 2007.

I will be buckling down for the next 3.5 weeks! Speed work, tempo runs and long runs every week! I've already been doing this for the past few months now, but I'll definitely be pushing as hard as I can and then pushing some more!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm running my first Half this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I should have said "first road half of 2010".

    Good Luck Christy!

    ReplyDelete