Thursday, December 10, 2009

winter is messing with my mind!

I knew this would happen. It happens every year. The weather changes, it's bitter cold out and I lose motivation to run outside or even get my butt into the gym to run the track or treadmill! I ran about 4.5 miles last Saturday after my weight lifting routine and have not ran since! I've been working out, but not running and that worries me. Monday I kick boxed for 50 minutes, Tuesday I did 1 hours of intervals on the AMT, Wednesday I strength trained and did core/ab work. I told myself I was going to run tonight, but it's so cold out that all I can think about is going home and not leaving again! WTF!! I am so worried about losing all the endurance I built up over this year.

The one bonus that I see is that I have a jam packed schedule for 2010. I kick off my season with a cold 4 mile race in February and jump into trail half marathon training. After the trail half, I train for my first duathlon in May and have another half memorial weekend. It continues on too. Half in June, possible duathlon in July, 2 half's in August, pissibly Dances with Dirt in September and I might even try to run the Detroit marathon with a BQ time!

I just need to get through the rest of this month and Janaury...I gotta keep pushing myself to get out there and run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment