Friday, March 18, 2011

Rock CF Half Marathon

My first (of many) half of 2011 is finally here!  http://www.outruncf.com/

I love racing this distance and love the location of the event.  Its being held on Grosse Ile, an island that I do a lot of my long runs on.  Not only is the location great, but so is the reason this event is taking place.  You may have read this article in the September 2010 RW's. Emily Schaller  Well, she is the one who organized this event.  It is the first time this event is being held, and over 1200 runners are registered!  What an amazing turn out this will be. 

Now, I was not going to set a time goal.  I was just going to run hard and use this as a training run but.... I really want to break 1:40.  I have been trying to do this for a year now!  I came so close at the last half I ran just missing it by a few seconds.  Hopefully my dad can pace me and get me there!  I am hoping that the weather is calm on Sunday.  The west side of the island tends to be windy even on a calm, non-windy day!  Right now they are calling for low 30's.  I would have liked to see low 40's but as long as it is above freezing, I can't complain!

5 comments:

  1. I really went back and forth between this race and Martian Invasion. Although I went with the latter, I'm really excited to here about this race. Looking forward to your recap....and your accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Steph. I know it's in you. Can't wait to run it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the race! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also running Rock CF tomorrow, although not nearly as fast as you are :) It must be nice to be familiar with the island as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete