Monday, March 28, 2011

Completed; Week 9 of marathon training

I had cut back in mileage this week.  I needed it. Not only was I sore the day after my half marathon, but my legs felt very heavy and tired when I did start running again.  I also hit the trails for the first time this year.  Definitely tougher than road running!  Felt good to change up the terrain. 

Monday scheduled: 4 mile run
Monday actual: core work, stretching. my hip & back were pretty sore from the previous days half marathon

Tuesday scheduled: 5 mile run
Tuesday actual: 5 mile run on treadmill 42:34 8:30 pace, upper body strength training, push ups

Wednesday scheduled: 4 mile run
Wednesday actual: 5 mile run on treadmill w/ incline work 1% 2% & 5% 43:00 8:36 pace, push ups

Thursday scheduled: rest day
Thursday actual: 6 mile run on the treadmill 48:54 8:09 pace (jog/tempo/push work out), push ups

Friday scheduled: 7 mile mgp
Friday actual: 5 miles on indoor track 41:03 8:12 pace

Saturday scheduled: 11 mile run
Saturday actual: 11.30 mile trail run 1:35:39 8:27 pace - ran with dad at Wildwood in Toldeo, OH-

Sunday scheduled: cross train
Sunday actual: 40 minutes/9.05 miles stationary bike, core work, strength training for back & biceps, push ups, foam rolled

Schedule Total Mileage: 31 miles
Actual Total Mileage: 32.42 miles
Weight: ?

2 comments:

  1. My legs are BEGGING for a break and this week I am happy to give it to them! Thats so awesome that you run with your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just good timing on the half marathon and the cut back week following, I say.

    ReplyDelete