Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To fuel belt or not to fuel belt

I've narrowed down my outfit for Sunday but now I am stumped on my fuel belt. I've trained with it on all of my long runs and even wore it when I ran the Detroit Marathon last October. I originally planned to wear it for Chicago, but now I am started to question that decision.

I am not a fan of Gatorade, so I would carry Hammer HEED in my fuel belt bottles. I would also have a Hammer flask filled with gel. If I do not use my belt, I am stuck drinking gatorade and pinning gel packs to my shorts. But I also lose the additional weight around my waist.

I used my 4 bottle belt while training, but wore my 2 bottle belt when I ran Detroit. Maybe I should down size from the 4 bottle to the 2 bottle for chicago. It would lighten the load around my waist.

Eek!! I don't know what to do!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on Sunday! I'm rooting for you to BQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Brit! Good Luck!! Can't wait for you to come back and report...and hopefully there is a big fat QB @ the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all your decision, but I would beware of electrolyte drinks mixed at a race. They don't get the mix exactly right because they get it ready in such large quantities (big bags of power mixed with water)...not enough water, yummy trouble, too much water, not enough fuel....it's a gamble.
    Good luck and I hope you get your BQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I think about it, the more I think I will wear my 2 bottle belt. It is what I wore in Detroit last year. Plus, I will feel better having my own electrolyte drinks since I know Gatorade boths my tummy. I can drink G2, but I know they do not supply low cal Gatorade. LOL

    Thanks for all the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to your blog and just in time to wish you good luck on 10-10-10. I have a good local friend who is running it too. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete