Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chicago Marathon Expo

Three words can describe the expo; A Runner's Dream!







This expo was so much better then any of the other ones I have been too! I left there with tons of samples, 2 Nike tops and a full tummy from the Clif/Luna display.








We ended up going Saturday late morning and made our way to the packet pick up and back to the shirt/participant bag pick up. Then it was off to scope out all the vendors. I spent a lot of time at the Nike display trying to decide what to purchase. I think I tried on every style top they had to offer! I finally settled on a long sleeve dry fit white t-shirt and a base layer blue top. There were so many people along the Nike mural. Luckily, it only too me about 2 minutes to locate my name.






We made our way through the expo when I spotted the line for the commemorative photos. I waited in line for about 15 minutes to have mine taken and then made a pit stop at the 10-10-10 block numbers for a quick snap shot too.





After 4 hours of walking around the expo in flip flops, my legs were sore so it was time to go! It was time to head home and get some rest for the big day...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! I'm sorry your Chicago didn't go as expected... I don't think it went as ANYbody expected!!! I definitely had a hard time.

    I'm not going to take a medal from anybody but you in detroit! In fact... if somebody tries to give me one I'll refuse :) I'm wearing my yellow marathon maniac singlet and SHOULD finish between 3:30 and 4:00... I know thats a big space but sometimes I just never know lol.

    See you this weekend!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved the expo! We've heard people say Chicago Marathon Expo may be the best there is, so far we haven't seen one that compares. Cute pics! I missed the 10-10-10 numbers darn it!

    ReplyDelete