Monday, March 26, 2012

Rock CF Race Results

Sunday was the 2nd running of the Rock CF Half Marathon & 5K on Grosse Ile.  I ran this race last year (it's inaugural year) and this course is where I hold my current half PR (1:37).  I knew this years race would be even bigger than last year.  There were about 1600 runners, 500 more than last year.  They changed the course slightly, had nicer shirts and sweet medals!   Chris had originally trained for this to be his first half marathon but after a bone contusion in his foot left him sidelined for 8 weeks, running this was dicey.  In the end, he decided that since I am pregnant and require multiple port-a-potty and walk breaks, he could do.  And he did.  He ran by my side the entire time!

It was such a great day for my last race while being pregnant.  So many of my running friends were there, my dad ran the half (and PR-ed w/ a 1:33!!), my mom & aunt walked the 5K, I had such awesome support from fellow runners & spectators out on the course and even received 2 medals when I crossed the finish line; one for me and one for baby!  I got to meet Katie from Runs for Cookies.  Thanks for introducing yourself and congrats on the PR!  I also got to see Rose from Hacker Half Marathon that I met last year at this same race.  Again, congrats to you too on the PR.  I swear, yesterday was the day of PR's. 

The was another PR for me too; my slowest half marathon ever!  LOL!!  It was also race #7 to add to baby's pre-birth racing list/my pregnancy racing list.  Am I sad that racing is over until after I give birth?  Absolutely.  I love running races, even if I am not technically "racing" them.  I love being surrounded by others who have a passion for the same thing I do; running!!  But I also know it's now time to cut back.   

Here are my official results and a few pictures.

Finish Time: 2:11:04
Pace: 10:00
A/G Place: 45/75
Chris, baby and I finishing the half!  :-)

 After the race w/ my 2 medals; one for me & one for baby!

a profile shot of the baby bump.  all smiles!


Chris and I getting our picture taken

a handful of my running friends! 

12 comments:

  1. First off, look at you! I love that baby bump! Second, how awesome they gave you two medals! Seriously so cool! :) Third, here you are way preggo and still clocking in a respectable 10 min overall pace. I know it's all relative but seriously, I bet a lot of people were pissed you schooled them that preggers! :) Love that you and Chris were able to run and finish this side by side! Though "race" season is over, you do have a very big event ahead of you, even bigger than Boston, meeting that little one!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your support! You are such a sweetheart.

      I can't wait to meet my baby girl. And I am so eager to get her out in the jogging stroller! :-)

      Delete
  2. You are amazing...seriously amazing! I love your first family running picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will definitely be ordering the professional photos!

      Delete
  3. Woman, that is crazy! I see you know David the tri-geek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I do know Dave! I run with him a couple times a week in the mornings before work. :-)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that they gave you two medals! Your baby has no choice but to be a runner too. I can't imagine being that pregnant and running as fast as you did. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two medals - that's awesome!!

    great job on your PR too :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I b#tched about whined about walking when I was that pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to have found your blog! I am pregnant too and while I am not really "running" I am fast-walking every day to get me ready to run my first 1/2 after our baby is born. You're so inspiring! Thanks. You can check out my blog at: http://rapunzelruns.blogspot.com if you want to see another pregnant mom working on fitness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great accomplishment! I'm always amazed at the expectant mothers that I have known and met that continue to run and stay fit throughout their pregnancies for as long as their baby/body will allow! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete