Monday, January 16, 2012

Boston Marathon Training: Week 2

Week 2 of 14 is done.  I am beginning to adjust to my new training style and the affects pregnancy has taken on my running.  This is so different than any training I have done in the past.  My pace is much slower and although I try to do some small speed sessions, my body just won't allow it.  Sometimes I am almost embarrassed to admit how slow I've gotten to be, but then I remind myself that I am carrying precious cargo on every run.  I must go slow to protect the little one. 

Last week certainly wasn't anything to write home about.  I ended up taking 2 rest days and did my 12 mile "long" run inside on the treadmill.  I made sure to get 3 days of strength training/core work in so that is a plus!

Here's how last week wrapped up.

Monday: unplanned rest day
Tuesday: 6.5 mile run - treadmill in the AM, yoga & core at home PM
Wednesday: 8.5 mile run - outside AM, ended up being a great morning for an early run!!
Thursday: 5.5 mile run - treadmill AM, push ups, core at home PM
Friday: scheduled rest day
Saturday: 12.03 mile run - treadmill afternoon, my longest run on a treadmill to date.  it wasn't easy that's for sure!
Sunday: 45 minutes stationary bike, strength training for biceps & shoulders AM
Total Mileage: 32.53 miles
Total Strength Training: 3

And to touch base on the Olympic Marathon trial results, I am so happy with how Desi finished!  I was really hoping she'd pull out the win. The top 3 women I wanted to see make it, did.  The men's race was amazing.  Meb had such a huge lead.  I couldn't believe the paces these men & women ran.  So fast! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I found your blog through another person's blog. Congratulations on the pregnancy AND running Boston. So many amazing things are in store for you! I just had a baby, well almost 7-months ago, and I ran throughout pregnancy. It was the best feeling and post-pregnancy, I felt like I bounced right back!

    Good luck with both the training and the pregnancy!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete