Friday, February 25, 2011

~Five Favorites Friday~

To make my boring blog a bit more interesting, I am going to start posting 5 favorites on Friday! I can share with you some of my fitness and non-fitness faves.

In no particular order...

#1: Under Armour Escape shorts


I love these shorts! They are the most comfortable shorts I have ever ran in. I own multiple pairs and refuse to run in any other brand. They are light weight with built in liner. They almost feel as if you are wearing nothing at all. The inner lining at the waist band does not rub and is soft on the skin. The price is right too! $29.99 but I find them for less than $20 on www.runningwarehouse.com or on the clearance rack at my locals Dick's Sporting Goods. Try these shorts!!


#2: Garmin Forerunner 305


Some may think it's big and bulky, but after the first couple times I wore it, I was used to it. Now, I can barely tell I have it on. I have no idea how I went so long without owning this lovely device. I am one of those that constantly needs to know my distance and pace. What I love most about this is that when I am running in areas where I may not know how far I am going, my Garmin is there to tell me. And again, the price is right! Chris purchased for me in May of 2010 on Amazon for $148, heart rate monitor included. I must admit, I have yet to use the heart rate monitor. Maybe I will make that one of my 2011 goals.

#3: Trader Joe's Crunchy Almond Butter & Roasted Flax seed


Hands down, the best almond butter! I love the crunchy of the almond pieces and the flax seed. I eat this dollops on oats, spread on toast, with banana or just a big scoop on a spoon. It's $4.99 per jar. A little high in my books, but totally worth it!


#4: Pyrex glass bowls w/ lid


About 4 years ago, I purchased a set of these (thanks to the husband telling me to) while out at 4am shopping on black Friday. With the rebate and sale price, I think I paid less then $10. Since then, we have purchased 2 more sets. I love these! Not only are the great for storing leftovers, but I use them daily for transporting my lunch. I use the large round for my salads, the small round for my oats and the extra small round for my nut butter. They are microwave and dishwasher safe. Get yourself a set and thank me later.


#5 MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

I have been using this lip gloss since summer of 2005 and rarely, if ever, use any other shade. I love this stuff and will be so heart broken if they ever discontinue this shade.

3 comments:

  1. I need to take a trip to Trader Joes ASAP...That almond butter looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 305 too and totally forget I'm wearing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the 305 and really can't tell it is on my wrist at all! And I also love my pyrex, although mine are larger and I bake in them...

    ReplyDelete