Monday, February 7, 2011

Completed: Week 2 of Marathon Training

Last weeks training went really well. I felt like I had better quality work outs versus week one. I hope to maintain this through out the next 16 weeks!

Sunday scheduled: cross train
Sunday actual: 45 minutes stationary bike/11.15 miles, strength training: biceps, triceps, back and core

Monday scheduled: 3 mile run
Monday actual: 3.1 miles on the treadmill at 1% incline 24:49, 8:00 pace

Tuesday scheduled: 5 mile run
Tuesday actual: 8.1 mile run - first two-a-day: A.M.- 5 miles on the treadmill @ 1.5% incline w/ easy/hard alternating speeds 44:00, P.M.- 3.1 miles on the treadmill at 1% incline 26:23 8:31 pace

Wednesday scheduled: 3 mile run
Wednesday actual: 3 mile run on the indoor track 22:30 7:30 pace, strength training; legs, 45 minutes snow shoveling

Thursday scheduled: Rest
Thursday actual: strength training; biceps, shoulders, push ups 3 x 15, core

Friday scheduled: 5 mile run
Friday actual: 5 miles on the treadmill at 1% incline w/ negative splits 41:39 (mile 1 8:49, mile 2 8:34, mile 3 8:20, mile 4 8:06, mile 5 7:54)

Saturday scheduled: 9 mile run
Saturday actual: 9.1 mile run 1:15:29 8:17 pace, strength training; back

Schedule Total Mileage: 25 miles
Actual Total Mileage: 28.3 miles
Weight: 123lbs

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good week.
    I wonder, though, do you ever worry about overtraining? I've noticed that you often run further than scheduled mileage + strength training. And this week you didn't have a rest day. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Branny- it has crossed my mind more than once. Sometimes I feel like I need to add more. Maybe I should reevaluate my training while it's still early on. I'd hate to over train and not reach my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! Sounds like you are on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the race your running this weekend?? If your ever looking for an RB- get in touch with me! I love meeting up with new runners!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job girl keep it up!! you're doing awesome! fabulous blog!!

    ReplyDelete