Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 10: mid-week update

I am half way through with week 10 of marathon training. Only 8.5 more weeks to go, and not feeling ready. This always happens after having a rough run. Which I had last night. These mid-week semi longer runs are always my down fall. I can run a strong long run on the weekend, but then run an awful 7 miles during the week. WTH? Of course, I am a better morning runner than an evening runner. I really should try to get up in the morning when I hit those loner mid-week runs.

So far the weeks training looks like this.

Sunday: rest
Monday: 3 mile run, weights for biceps & triceps
Tuesday: 7 mile run, core work
Wednesday: 4 mile run, push ups, core work
Thursday: cross train, weights for back & shoulders
Friday: rest
Saturday: Half Marathon (scheduled for 15 miles. if I can beat my previous HM PR, then I won't worry about the additional mileage. If I don't, well it's back out on the course for 2 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and can't wait to follow more of your marathon training journey as I am just starting week 3 of my marathon training. I worry about my mid-week longish runs too. The thought of getting up to do 7 miles early in the morning makes me cringe but the thought of doing it after work isn't any better. Good luck on your training.

    ReplyDelete