Friday, July 15, 2011

If it isn't broke...

Ordering the neutral Brooks Ghost 3's was a mistake.  First I ordered a size 9 narrow but my right toe was at the end so I ordered a 9.5 narrow, which also happens to be the size I wear in Brooks Adrenaline.  Well, they were too big!  not only was the toe box HUGE but I had to pull the laces much more than with the Adrenaline's.  I gave them a chance though and ran 6 miles in them on Thursday morning.  It just didn't work out so I sent them back. 

Luckily, I had placed an order at my local running store for a pair of Brooks Adrenaline's on Saturday and was able to pick them up Thursday evening.  I headed back out to run 4 more miles.  Such a smoother ride. 

I've tried 4 times now to run in a different shoes but keep coming back to the Adrenaline's.  I've tried Asics, Mizuno, Nike and the Brooks Ghosts.  I really want to find a light weight racer for tempo runs or speed work though.  I am starting to wonder if there will even be a brand out there for me!!

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Saucony? They have some new shoes out that are much lighter than your Adrenaline. The Kinvara 2 is a very nice shoe, I actually tried it on myself, in men's. It has a slight rise on the balls of your feet that almost forces you to run on your toes, which is nice for speed workouts and your runs in general. There is also the new Hattori, which I haven't tried myself, but is even lighter. Here are the links:
    http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/productdetails?stockNumber=10121-2&showDefaultOption=true&skuId=***4********10121-2*M090&productId=4-106890&catId=cat700252

    http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/productdetails?catId=cat10002&productId=4-106910&skuId=***4********10126-2*M080&stockNumber=10126-2&showDefaultOption=true

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a brand for you. You like Brooks Adrenaline's so stick with them if they work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jeff, stay with what you know. I feel that way about my Brooks Trance.

    ReplyDelete