Friday, November 26, 2010

Detroit Turkey Trot 10K Results

First, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mine started off the way it has for the past few years by running the Detroit Turkey Trot. This year they implemented a new wave start due to the crowd of 17,000+ 5K and 10K runners and walkers! I was in the first wave and super excited at the fact that I would start out running without bottle necking and coming to a complete stop. Too bad that was just wishful thinking! Oh well, this is supposed to be a fun run, right? I only missed a 10K PR by 8 seconds! I wasn't expecting a PR due to the crowd. I went in just wanting to run and have fun. Which I did, but it was a nice surprise to see how close I came to a PR. My garmin measured the course at 6.3 mile. If that is the case, my pace would have been 7:28. But official results say otherwise.

Official Results:
Finish Time: 46:59
Pace: 7:34
Age Group Place: 9th out of 446
Gender Place: 91 out of 2,941
Overall: 582 out of 6,294

Here are a couple pictures from the race. Not as bad as they usually turn out. I was totally talking to the girl in front of me though!

It's like photo hunt, take a close look and find what is wrong?



Can't find it? Look at my headband!

Must be a new way Nike is is manufacturing the 'swoosh'. or, maybe I just put my headband on upside down.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Sounds like it was a fun race, what a great way to kick off Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete