Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 5, week 1

I missed my run last night. It happens. My son had his last regular season baseball game and they mercied the first place team. After the game, his team made a trip to get ice cream to celebrate. By the time I got home it was 7:30pm and I still had so much I had to get done around the house. So 40 push ups was the only form of exercise I got in yesterday.

Tonight I will be going to the gym for a 40 minute interval work out on the elliptical and will strenght train for back and shoulders. My training program has me running 6 miles tomorrow, but I have upped it to 8.5 miles. This will be an early morning, wet run! Tomorrow is playoffs for my son's little league baseball so I have to get up early to squeeze in my run.

Sunday I am supposed to cross train and fully intend on doing so. It won't be until later in the day that I am able to get my work out in. It's fathers day and my dad is competing in an X-terra duathlon about 1 hour from my house. I have to leave by 6:45am. I asked if I could bring my shoes to run the trail, but a) it's for race participants only and b) there is no way my dad will want to run it once the race is over. I also need to see my step dad on Sunday as well. So it will be a late afternoon Sunday trip to the gym for cross trianing and strength training for biceps & triceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment